1. No staff speaks English. If possible, please use this article and point to what you want.
2. To be able to enjoy Hanamomo’s noodles as much as possible, go in with a clean slate, not expecting what you might have enjoyed elsewhere.
3. Hanamomo does not accept credit cards, so please bring cash.
It’s possible to pay separately if you are with others.
If you would like to pay separately, try saying “Shiharai betsubetsu de onegaishimasu.”
1. For big eaters, it’s possible to order seconds.
For the Zaru Soba, Kamo Zaru Soba, and Oroshi Soba, an additional ￥570 (Inc. Tax) will get you another serving of soba.
Additional tsuyu dipping sauce and condiments are possible for an extra ￥100 (Inc. Tax).
2. For an additional ￥150 (Inc. Tax) you can order buckwheat and Oage fried tofu mixed rice.
3. For those wanting to share with their children, Hanamomo will provide plastic bowls and utensils. To receive them, try saying, “Kodomo yo no osara kudasai.”
4. For soba dishes that come with the tall and short tsuyu containers, a serving of Soba-yu will be provided at the end.
Soba-yu is the water used to boil the soba and is thought to have nutritional value. Try pouring it into the remaining tsuyu and drinking it.
5. If Hanamomo is full and you are made to wait in line outside, please try not to wait in front of Hanamomo’s neighboring store.
|Address||Eng: 398, Kombuyacho, Kyoto Shi Nakagyo Ku, Kyoto Fu, 604-0986, Japan Jpn: 京都府京都市中京区丸太町麩屋町西入ル昆布屋町398|
|Directions||10 Minute Walk from the Keihan “Jingū-Marutamachi Station” 10 Minute Walk from the Karasuma Subway Line “Marutamachi Station” 565m from the “Saibanshomae” Bus Stop|
|Open Hours||11:00 - 18:30 Or until sold out You want to aim for 15:00 – 17:00 when it is relatively quiet and they haven’t sold out yet|
|Closed||Mondays (open if a holiday), and every 4th Tuesday Check their Facebook for updates|
|Good for||Solo, Romantic, With Friends, Families with Children|
No staff speak English, so make use of Sharing Kyoto and point to what you would like to order
|Number of seats||18 (First Floor: 1 large table that sits 8 Second Floor: 6 counter seats and 4 mat seats)|
|Private dining rooms||Unavailable|
|Non smoking / smoking||Non-smoking|