Enjoy an elegant dolls world which is held in Hokyoji Temple
Hokyoji temple has inherited the doctrine from Keiaiji temple which is the first rank of the Ama Gozan of the five important Rinzaishu temples. Rinzaishu is a religion which prospered in Muromachi period(1338-1573). Hokyoji temple was contributed by emperor Kogo and his daughter Karinnomiyaegon. And the name of Hokyoji temple was given by emperor Gokogo to Karinnomiyaegon. Typically, Hokyoji temple is called as a ‘Doll temple’and open to public in spring and autumn season. The rare type of camellia or nadeshiko is bloomed throughout the year. A doll exhibition which has a lot of historical dolls has been continued since 1962.