- These terms ("Terms") govern the use of the Reservation Service ("Service") provided by Sharing Kyoto Inc. ("Our company") between the user of the Service and our company.
- Please agree to the Terms to use Service.
- The "Sharing Kyoto Terms of Service" ("Site Terms") established by our company shall apply for items not defined in Terms. Site Terms shall take precedence over Terms in the event that the conditions contained in the two differ.
- (1) "Site" refers to the website "Sharing Kyoto" operated by our company with the domain "https://sharing-kyoto.com/."
- (This includes the Site post-change if for any reason the domain or contents of the Site changes.)
- (2) "Store Article(s)" refers to the information of restaurants and other stores published on Site.
- (3) "User(s)" refers to individuals who have registered as a Premium Member and use the Site.
- (4) "Basic Member(s)" refers to Users who have registered as Basic Members of Site.
- (5) "Premium Member(s)" refers to Basic Members who have registered as Premium Members of Site in order to utilize Site’s paid Services.
- (6) "Member(s)" refers to individuals who have registered as Basic or Premium Members of Site.
- (7) "Store(s), etc." refers to the stores and other businesses belonging to our company’s business partners.
- (8) "Reservation Service" refers to the service wherein our company mediates contracts between Member and Stores, etc., in order for Members to receive the services provided by Stores, etc. as displayed on the Site.
- (9) "Reservation Date and Time" refers to the date and time when Members—whose reservation of a Store etc. has been confirmed or whose reservation details have been successfully changed following the confirmation of their reservation—is scheduled to visit the Store etc.
- (10) "Business Days" refers to the days in which our company operates. In general, this includes weekdays and excludes weekends and Japanese public holidays.
- In addition to the above, non-Business Days may include summer holidays and New Year holidays.
- See our company’s business day calendar for more details.
2. SERVICE DETAILS
- (1) Service provides the following services to Member:
- 1. Making reservations at Stores etc. on behalf of Member.
- 2. Providing information such as that regarding allergies or requests to Stores, etc. on behalf of Member.
- (2) Service mediates a contract between Member and Stores, etc., and does not guarantee successful reservations at the desired Store, etc.
- (3) Our company shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred by Member due to actions taken by our company based on the preceding paragraph.
3. CONTRACT WITH STORES, ETC.
- (1) Through Service, our company shall establish a contract that concerns the direct reservation of a Store, etc. between Member and the Store, etc. Our company is not the contracting party.
- (2) When a reservation is made via Service, Members shall arrive at the Store, etc. by the Reservation Date and Time, receive the service(s) offered by Store, etc. as per the conditions established at the time of reservation, and pay any incurred costs at Store, etc.
- (3) Our company posses no obligation to supervise the content or methods of services provided by Stores, etc. In accordance, our company bears no responsibility for any issues or disputes that may arise at Stores, etc. regarding the quality of service.
4. NOTIFYING MEMBERS
- Our company shall notify Members regarding Terms and items related to Terms via methods specified by our company, such as e-mail (including SMS, etc.), telephone, and notices on the Site, etc.
5. USING SERVICE
- (1) Service is available for use by Members.
- (2) While reservations through this Service are being made at a Store, etc., Members cannot cancel their Basic or Premium Membership.
- If Member wishes to cancel their membership, all reservations of Stores, etc. are required to be canceled first.
- (3) This Service is to be used at the volition and culpability of Members.
6. DISPLAYING OF STORE ARTICLES
- (1) Stores, etc. for which Service is available are indicated as such in their respective Store Article.
- (2) Our company creates Store Articles based on information provided by Stores, etc., so content is subject to changes daily.
- (3) Our company manages and corrects Store Articles to an extent which is reasonable. However, the accuracy, up-to-dateness, usefulness, etc. of the content of Store Articles is not guaranteed.
7. SERVICE APPLICATIONS
- (1) Members who wish to make a reservation at a Store, etc. must enter the required information on the designated Reservation Service Application (Application) form on Site and submit it via the method prescribed by our company.
- (2) Upon receiving an Application in line with the preceding paragraph, our company will notify the Member who applied for Service regarding the received Application. An instant notification will be sent via e-mail.
- (3) In the event that our company does not contact Member within three business days of an Application being submitted, Member shall make an inquiry via the Site's "Contact" page or to the e-mail address contained in the automated e-mail response sent at the time of Application being received.
- (4) Applications must be made by 17:00 (Japan Standard Time) three business days prior to the scheduled reservation date.
- (5) When submitting an Application, the date and time of the desired reservation shall be entered in Japan Standard Time.
- (6) Two or more reservations for Stores, etc. cannot be made for the same date and time.
- (7) Inquiries regarding Applications must be made in Japanese, English, or Traditional Chinese. Responses will not be made to inquiries in other languages.
- (8) Members can check the status of Applications from the “Reservation Request History” page.
- (9) In order to complete the reservation of a desired Store, etc., our company may contact individual Members directly.
- Upon being contacted, Members shall personally undertake all necessary procedures instructed by our company.
8. SUCCESSFUL RESERVATIONS
- (1) After accepting an Application from Member, our company will confirm the availability of the desired Store, etc. based on the Reservation Date and Time, party size, specific requests, etc. entered at the time of Application.
- When a reservation has been successfully made with a Store, etc., our company will send Member an e-mail stating that the reservation has been confirmed ("Confirmation E-mail").
- Furthermore, if Stores, etc. have any rules, Members will be notified of the details.
- The use and management of the details contained within the e-mail sent to Member by our company regarding reservations, etc. are to be the responsibility of Member.
- (2) In the event that a reservation has been successfully made, Member's name, e-mail address, telephone number (and information on accommodation if such information has been provided) will be shared with the reserved Store, etc.
- (3) Requests regarding allergies may not be fulfilled even in the event that a reservation of a Store, etc. has been successful.
- (4) Member is to understand in advance that the details of a reservation may change or be canceled for reasons owing to the circumstances of the Store, etc. after a reservation at the desired Store, etc. has been successfully made.
- In such an event, the Store, etc. will contact Members directly.
- (5) Our company may contact Members on behalf of Stores, etc. after a reservation has successfully been made.
- Please note that if our company specifies additional necessary actions, Members will be required to complete them by the date and time specified, or the successful reservation may be canceled.
- (6) Successful reservations may be canceled if communication is unable to be made with Member, or there is a mistake in Member's contact information.
9. UNSUCCESSFUL RESERVATIONS
- (1) Reservation will not be made when any of the following apply:
- 1. There is a mistake in the e-mail address registered on the Site by Member, and our company is unable to make contact.
- 2. There has been notice from the Store, etc. that the reservation cannot be made.
- 3. Member's reservation of one Store, etc. overlaps with the Member's reservations of another Store, etc.
- 4. Our company has determined that it would be difficult to fulfill a reservation for other reasons.
- (2) In the event that our company is unsuccessful in making a reservation with a Store, etc. in line with the wishes of Members, Members will be notified via e-mail that the reservation was unsuccessful, and the results on the Application will be displayed on Member's "Reservation Request History" page.
- (3) Our company shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred by Member due to unsuccessful reservations through this Service as a result of the reservation was unsuccess.
10. RESERVATION CHANGES
- (1) If Member wishes to change the details of their reservation through our company after the reservation has been made, they must reply to the Confirmation E-mail by 17:00 (Japan Standard Time) three business days before the reservation date.
- (2) If Member wishes to change a reservation after 17:00 (Japan Standard Time) three business days prior to the reservation date, they must contact the relevant Store, etc. directly.
- (3) Requested changes to confirmed reservations by Member shall be completed when:
- 1. Member applies for a change to their reservation under Paragraph 1 of this Article, our company notifies and gains consent from the relevant Store, etc. regarding the change, and Member is contacted regarding the successful change.
- 2. Member contacts a Store, etc. directly, requests a change and is informed by the Store, etc. of the acceptance of the requested change.
- (4) If Member is informed by our company or the Store, etc. that a change to their reservation is unable to be made, Member shall accept the details of the original reservation or cancel the reservation.
11. RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS
- (1) If Member wishes to cancel a reservation through our company after the reservation has been confirmed, they must do so in a response e-mail to the Confirmation E-mail by 17:00 (Japan Standard Time) three business days before the reservation date or submit a cancellation via the cancellation button on the "Reservation Request History" page.
- (2) If Member wishes to cancel a reservation after 17:00 (Japan Standard Time) three business days prior to the reservation date, they must contact the relevant Store, etc. directly.
- (3) Cancellations requested by Member of confirmed reservations shall be completed when:
- 1. Member applies for a cancellation to their reservation under Paragraph 1 of this Article, our company notifies and gains consent from the relevant Store, etc. regarding the cancellation, and Member is contacted regarding the successful cancellation.
- 2. Member contacts a Store, etc. directly, requests a cancellation and is informed by the Store, etc. of the acceptance of the requested cancellation.
- (4) If Member does not arrive at the Store, etc. within 30 minutes of the scheduled time, the reservation will be canceled.
- If Member wishes to visit the Store, etc. thereafter, all negotiations with the Store, etc. shall be directly undertaken by Member.
- (5) When Member cancels a reservation or is deemed to have canceled according to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, and is requested to pay a cancellation fee, penalty fee, etc. in line with the rules of the Store, etc., the responsibility of the relevant payment and all expenses shall be borne by Member. Our company shall involve itself in any way.
- (6) If Member fails to appear at the Store, etc. at the Reservation Date and Time without prior notice, our company and the Store, etc. will deem the Member to have canceled without permission and reserves the right to take the necessary measures (payment of fees to the Store, etc., suspension of the use of some services, revoking Site membership, legal measures, etc.).
12. REFUSAL OF SERVICE
- (1) Our company will refuse the use of Service when any of the following apply:
- 1. There is reason to believe that Member may violate these Terms.
- 2. Member has entered false information in the application for Service.
- 3. There is a risk that Member may use Service illegally or in a manner that clearly deviates from public decency, morals, and standards.
- 4. There is a risk that Member will use Service in a manner that may damage the credibility of our company or Service.
- 5. When our company determines that Service cannot be provided for any other reason.
- (2) Our company shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred by Member due to the refusal of the use of Service.
13. PAYMENT TO STORES, ETC.
- All payments of charges incurred at Stores, etc. through this Service are to be paid directly to the relevant Store, etc.
- Payment methods vary between reservable Stores, etc. Member is requested to check the payment methods displayed on the Site before applying for Service.
14. CHANGES TO MEMBER INFORMATION
- (1) Member shall notify our company immediately if there have been any changes to the information entered in the necessary items section of Application or to any other information provided to our company.
- (2) Our company shall not be liable if Member becomes unable to use Service or encounters issues in the use of Service as a result of Member failing to notify our company about changes to Member information.
15. HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Our company will obtain information (including but not limited to registered information) necessary for providing Service from Member.
- (1) Our company does not assure the successful establishment of reservations between Member and Stores, etc. through this Service.
- (2) Our company is not obligated to investigate the business hours, service details, or other business conditions of a Store, etc.
- (3) Our company is scrupulous about the contents of this Service; however, the accuracy, up-to-dateness, usefulness, or any other matter regarding this Service is not guaranteed.
- (4) Our company shall not be liable for any issues that may arise between Member, Stores, etc. or additional third parties related to or caused by the presence or absence of a Store, etc.'s service(s) or its contents at the Reservation Date and Time. All resolutions are the responsibility of the parties involved.
- (5) Our company shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred by Member in connection with the services of Stores, etc.
- (6) Our company endeavors to securely save the data of reservation details received through this Service from Members. However, there is the possibility that data may be lost due to external server failures or other reasons.
- All data protection measures, including backups, are to be undertaken at the risk and expense of Members.
- Our company shall not be responsible for the loss, damage, or disappearance of any data.
17. SERVICE CANCELLATION
- (1) In the event that any of the following apply to Member, our company will take the measures judged necessary, including immediately suspending the use of Service, canceling the Service contract, and revoking Membership.
- 1. Member has used Service illegally or in a manner that clearly deviates from public decency, morals, and standards.
- 2. Member has been violent, threatening, has blackmailed, made intimidating and unreasonable demands, made demands for borne costs that exceed rationale limits, or seen to have done any of the proceeding actions in the past, towards our company or Stores, etc.
- 3. Member has used Service in a manner that directly or indirectly seriously obstructs other Member of Service.
- 4. Member has violated the Member obligations set forth in Terms and Site Terms.
- 5. Our company has determined that there are unavoidable reasons to suspend the use of Service, cancel the Service contract, or revoke membership.
- (2) If our company suspends Service, cancels the Service contract or revokes membership, etc. according to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, our company shall notify Member in advance of the reason and date of suspension, etc.
- However, if our company determines the situation to be urgent or unavoidable, it will immediately suspend Service, cancel the Service contract or revoke membership, etc. without notice.
18. COMPENSATION FOR DAMAGES
- (1) Member shall compensate our company (including attorney's fees) for any damages incurred due to the breach of Terms or any other reasons attributable to Member.
- (2) Our company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred (including indirect loss or loss of profits) by Member due to our company violating the obligations stipulated in Terms, provided, however, that this shall not apply to any loss or damage related to or arising from our company's gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- In addition, in the event that our company is liable for loss or damages, our company shall be liable only for general damages directly incurred by Member as a result of our company violating its obligations.
19. APPLICATION OF SITE TERMS
Items not defined in these Terms shall be governed by Site Terms. Site Terms shall take precedence over Terms in the case that the conditions contained in the two differ.
Established and implemented: April 1, 2020 Last updated: April 6, 2022